Liebster Award

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quirky Quotes

Quirky Quotes

“The man who doesn’t read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them”
-Mark Twain
    
     “I love being a writer, what I can’t stand is the paperwork.”
-Peter DeVires

      “Writing is easy, all you have to do is stare at a blank sheet over paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.”
-Gene Fowler

   “When you put something down that happened, people often don’t believe it; whereas you can
 make up anything , and people assume it must have happened to you.
-Andrew Holleran

    “The role of a writer is less what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.”
-Anais Nin

  “The free lance writer is a man who is paid per piece, per word or perhaps.”
-Robert Benchley

  “I write to discover what I think.”
-Daniel J. Boorstin

   “Writers and Politian’s are natural rivals, both groups try to make the world in their image; they fight for the same territory.”
-Salmon Rushdie

   “Every writer is a frustrated actor who recites he’s lines in the hidden auditorium of skull.”
-Rod Serling

   “If there is a special hell for writers, it would be the forced contemplation of their own works.”
-John Dos Passos

   It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.

-Robert Benchley


“I’m writing a book, I’ve got the page numbers done.”
-Steven Wright

“I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit.”

P. G. Wodehouse ...after being asked about his writing technique

“I only write when I am inspired, fortunately , I am inspired every day at nine o’clock.”
-William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment